What is that on the baby?

Some of you have asked what was all over the baby -- finger paint. Yes, finger paint.

Sunday, March 1, 2009

This Old House



We suck at home improvement stuff. It doesn't really bother me, but it depresses my husband, Homemaker Man. I figure we'll just hire someone to fix things when we have the money, but he feels like its his "job" to fix stuff around the house. The problem is that we live in a house that was built in the 1800's, so something is always broken or breaking.

This need to master tool use must be a guy thing. I say that knowing my husband isn't normally the type of guy that gets all hung up on stereotypical roles (obviously, since he's a stay at home dad), but for some reason his inability to use tools really gets under his skin.

Homemaker Man had to hang a door on the peanut's room when we moved her out of the nursery into her "big girl" room. It turned into a very long project, and still isn't really done. He measured the door like 6 times and went to home depot to buy a door. Then he hung it and it didn't fit, so he bought a planer and tried to plane it into shape.

I'm not sure if the doorway is crooked or if its my huband, but he must have shaved an inch off the side and bottom. At this point the door still needs a knob and slowly creaks open if you don't jam a sock in it. And I'll just leave it alone because I know I couldn't have done better.

Do you have any idea how long it takes to shave an inch off a door? Sadly, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to updates