NEVER happens in my sophomore classes.
Anyway, during one of these chat sessions, it came out that their honors/AP class group is the craziest group of cheaters ever to walk the halls of our high school. This clutch of cheaters includes some of the top 10 kids in the school, including the would be valedictorian and salutatorian. They started telling me that they cheated here, and they cheated there. Nothing unusual at first, but it just kept getting worse. I'll give you some examples. Mind you, all of these have been successful to some degree.
Here are a few of their more innovative schemes:
1. They dig through the recycling bins and mailboxes looking for discarded copies of their teachers tests, and hang around the copy room in hopes that teachers will forget the master copy in the machine.
2. They google questions from their AP exams on their phones. They also record themselves slowly reading chapters of textbooks into their phones, download them to their IPODs and play them during their tests while pretending to listen to music.
3. They have elaborate hand signals (a virtual sign language) for cheating.
4. They use their phones as calculators because our school doesn't have enough for every class -- but
5. They write cheat sheets in places that teachers can't ask to check or would never think to check -- high
6. They do the traditional note passing, but also engage in more elaborate plans with cheat sheets in odd places and a Q & A session on the bathroom wall.
7. Of course they plagiarize from the internet, which is fairly easy to catch. But they also write each others papers and take each others tests.
8. They steal tests and trade or sell them to other classes or absent students.
9. They try to hack into their teachers' email, and know that their math teacher puts his test in his mailbox the night before to xerox it in the morning.
10. They managed to cheat on a real standardized test and were working on a system for the SAT.
Damn straight we're treating you all like you're guilty. First, most of you are. Secondly, if you aren't the circumstances of your test shouldn't matter. Thirdly, you sound even more guilty when you complain that the school is doing something to stop the cheating. And lastly, stop whining -- as you would text:"U R BUS-TED." BWHAHAHAHAHAHA!
These Kids Are Crazy!